The Basic Pistol Shooting Course introduces students to the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely.
You should expect an 8 hour training session. It involves classroom and range-time learning to shoot your particular firearm. You will learn the NRA's rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position and two-hand standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development.
Students will provide:
1. Their own personal firearm.
2. At least 50 rds of live ammunition in the appropriate caliber for your pistol. (Please leave ammunition in your vehicle until at the range. There is NO live ammunition allowed in the classroom…PERIOD.)
3. Eye protection and hearing protection.
4. Notepad and pen/pencil.
Instructor will provide:
1. All classroom and range materials.
2. Dummy rounds (9mm for practical exercises). If you have a different caliber, let me know.
Course Fee: $120.00 per student (maximum of 4 students per class) + $10 Range Fee per student
For more information e-mail, or call 229-269-2100.
Advanced Competitive Training - Training for USPSA and IDPA Competition
LRSA Wobble Trap Training
Long Range Rifle Range Certification